Followers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Homemade Gnocchi

Cooked gnocchi

Bake gnocchi with shrimp


I made Gnocchi two days ago. It was awesome and I ate so much that I couldn't even breath. Gnocchi is basically a mixture of flour and potato. Pretty simple ingredients but you need to get messy to make this beautiful gnocchi. I made with white sauce with shrimp bake gnocchi but you can put any type of sauce such as pesto, alfredo or marinara. Here's my recipe on how to make homemade gnocchi.

3 boiled medium to large potatoes
2 2/3 - 3 cups of all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of nutmeg

Mashed the boiled potatoes, on a large bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. It will turn to a dough. Flatten the dough 1/4 inch with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into a long strips with approx 1/2 inch width.
Then, cut the strips, into smaller pieces about 1/2 inch long and 1/2 width or according to your bite size preference. Now, with fork roll the small pieces dough to make the gnocchi prints.

Cook the gnocchi on a boiling season water with salt. When they start to float, then they're cook.
I hope my explanation make some senses...Good Luck.





Roll it


2 comments:

  1. I have never tried making gnocchi although I am very curious about the taste, looks like lots of hard work having to shape every single one of them! You are pretty good at making them:) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is time consuming. This dish is very popular in many Italian restaurants in America. Try it when ever you have some time. You don't need to shape them, cuz people won't notice and specially when they are covered with the sauce. Gnocchi is commonly served with marinara sauce or pesto.

    ReplyDelete