Followers

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Babi Kecap from my mom's recipe (Pork sweet soy sauce)

This is my old time favorite dish while I was growing up in Indonesia. A feast without Babi Kecap (Sweet soy sauce Pork) would be unimaginable. My families love to eat this dish with dabu-dabu (Manadonese spicy sour tomato and onion salsa) As you can see, Manadonese people love spicy foods due to pork being so sweet, you need to eat this with dabu-dabu. Both makes a really good compliment with each other. It's really simple and quick to prepare and the taste is unbelievable. Here is my recipe I got it from my mom. Oh man... my mom makes a killer Babi kecap...yumm!!

2lbs of Pork
you want you the belly and neck's pork, you'll have a combination of the fat and meat from the belly and the bone from the neck brings out the flavor. Marinate with salt + pepper for 30 mins. Then fry for 7mins each sides.

Sauce:
1 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic
5 tablespoon of cup of Kecap manis ABC (Sweet soy sauce) If you like your really sweet than add more
3 tablespoon of Kecap Asin ABC (soy sauce)
2 tablespoon of Sauce Inggeris (Worcestershire sauce)
1/4 of water
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
few cloves + a pinch of ground cloves
1 pork cube bouillon
a pinch of ajinomoto

Using the same oil you had fried the pork, fry the garlic let it brown. Then add kecap manis + kecap asin + sauce inggeris + water + add the rest of the ingredients. Add the pork and cover with a lid. Check the pork once awhile. Cook until it's ready.

Pretty simple right??





I used the left over sauce to make the rice

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment