Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Shrimp Scampi with Thin Spaghetti

I was craving for a Shrimp Scampi last night...but it was kinda too late to have dinner, so I was like...aaalright.... I'll make it for lunch. At 2:00am I was awaken, my body was all itching... I want to scream...so I got up and took my allergy medication. Seriously... I am going insane with my allergy. I can't take it anymore...!!! So anyways, when I got up, I wished that it was already time to wake up and I don't have to go back to sleep anymore. Awkwardly, I was still thinking about shrimp scampi... mayynn...!! At last, lunch time is here...aaaahhh It was maaaaddd good....!! hahahahaa
I am satisfied :) happy and full.
Here's the recipe, I thought I should share it with you.
 This is an individual size

5 medium size shrimp
2 slices of bacon
1 portion of pasta
1 teaspoon of garlic ( I like to put extra because I like garlic)
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 cup of white wine
4 tablespoon of chicken broth (click here for my chicken broth)
3 tablespoon of carnation milk
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of peas
1 tablespoon of small dice carrots
1 tomato (cut it to whatever you like)
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
some cheese of your choice. ( i used mozzarella, just because i felt like it) 
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
some crush red pepper (optional)

First fry the bacon and set it aside, with the same oil and add a bit of olive oil + butter add garlic. (tip: turn off the heat to avoid garlic getting burn, you want the oil to absorb the garlic flavor).
Add wine and let it shimmer. It should reduce the amount of liquid in your pan.
Add the peas, carrot and tomato, then add shrimps + some chicken broth, then add milk. When the shrimps turn pink, you know they're cook. Add cheese, bacon, crush red pepper and parsley. turn off the heat and add a bit of lemon juice. Then add pasta and mix them together while they are still hot.


Happy Cooking! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment