Followers

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Korean Kimchi

I just started doing my own Kimchi because it's pretty hard to find a good Korean restaurant around San Antonio, TX. Anyways, mine turned out to be really delicious. You can store this for months and they still taste awesome. Maybe one day I want to try making fried rice kimchi... I'm not sure how it will taste, but I guess it'll be worth of a try, right? Here's how I do my Kimchi.

I normally add squid on my Kimchi, but I have to prepare it a head of time because it needs time to be fermented

10 small pieces of clean squids
1/4 cup of kosher salt
Let it ferment inside the refrigerator for a week.
after a week, take it out from the fridge and wash a couple of time.



2 lbs of Napa
1 cup of kosher salt
Let it sit for approx 3 hours, you'll see that the Napa will reduce in half
Wash a couple of time to get rid of the the salt

sauce
1 tablespoon of sweet rice flour
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 cup of water

boil the sweet rice flour with water, then add sugar. keep stirring.
Put this mixture on a container.
let it cool off, then add these ingredients:
1/2 of cup red hot pepper powder ( add as much as you want)
5 tablespoons of fish sauce
squid (from the recipe above)
a bunch of green onion
a bunch of chives
garlic paste*
1/2 medium onion paste*
1 inch of ginger paste*
blend all together to get a paste

optional: add some sesame oil and sesame seeds

Mix everything together, then add the vegetable and mix them all.

Always keep this refrigerated!!

Happy Cooking...






Reduced in size







Use it as a side dish

No comments:

Post a Comment