Followers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rica Roa

This is definitely one of my favorite food from my home town. It is smoked fish and it's called Garfish. You can only find this smoked fish in Manado. When I went back this summer, I was able to bring some here in the states. I couldn't leave without it.... here's how I make my rica roa....

3/4 cup of crushed roa
1 big onion
2 clove garlic
6 bird's eye chili
1/2 inch ginger
1 medium tomato (you can knife chop it)
blend everything together on your food processor.

Fry the roa for about 5 mins. Take it out.
On another pan, fry all the ingredients with vegetable oil until they are caramelized and browned. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Then add 1 tablespoon of Kecap Manis ABC (Sweet soy sauce). Stir for 30mins and add the roa. Let it all cook for another 1mins. Then take it out and ready to serve.







Enjoy! 

1 comment: