Followers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homemade Bakso (meat ball)

I love my homemade bakso because they are so yummie, easy and cheap to make. Imagine, 1lb of pork cost me around $2 something and I have all the ingredients at home. With a pound of pork I could produce 12 meatballs. In contrary, 1lb of these meatballs at a supermarket cost around $4 less than 12 meatballs. Seriously...this is really awesome! In addition, they are useful for quick meal to make on my lazy days. I love Indonesian instant noodles, they are like my comfort food. They are so easy to prepare and delicious. When I was a kid, my sister & I used to go a box of instant noodle in like 2 weeks. My folks were so upset because we don't eat anything else except instant noodles...boy, they can be very addictive. Each time I make these instant noodles, I always added bakso. I also used them when I make fried rice...Gosh they really boost up the taste. Well I wanna share my recipe with you, here check it out:

1 lb of ground pork
1/2 - 3/4 cup of tapioca flour (eyeball it)
white pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon powder celery salt
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 tablespoon of fried onion (you can find them in Asian supermarket)
1 egg

Outer layer mix
1 tablespoon of tapioca
a pinch of salt
a pinch of garlic powder

4 Cups of water
2 sticks of celery
1 carrot
beef broth
4 cloves of Garlic
1 medium size of Onion
salt + pepper to taste
a dash of ajinomoto

Mix all the ingredients together. Form them into a small ball. Dip them in a small plate where you made the outer layer mix. Make sure they are smoothly covered with the outer layer mix.  Enhance the bakso shape using your palms.

Cook the bakso in the boiling water that you have prepared with all ingredients.
To tell how they are cook, the bakso we'll start floating. This mean that they are ready to go.

To store these bakso, put them on ziploc and freeze them.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment