Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Quick & Easy Homemade Bread

Ever since I got my bread maker machine, I've been making my own bread. It's really fun to make them and the taste it's outstanding. I really love using this machine because I don't have to get my hands messy anymore. It's amazing...!!! So I really advise you to invest on a bread maker machine. I think they're not expensive at all. Why not give it a try? Here's my recipe:

If you don't have bread maker machine...no worries...just do knead it yourself. But I think using the machine save you a lot of time.

4 1/2 Cups bread flour
1 Cup All- purpose flour
2 teaspoon of sugar
2 Cups of water
2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of yeast
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
4 tablespoon of butter shortening

Corn flour for the bread top + bottom
1 egg yolk whisked + 1 tablespoon of water (this is for brushing the bread before throwing it the oven)

If you're using a bread maker machine, put the water first and follow by the dry ingredients. Put it for Dough setting. Let the machine mix everything and let it rise inside it. When you hear the beep, take it out and shape it. On a small plate, put some corn flour and dip the bottom part of the dough into the corn flour. Then sprinkle corn flour on top of the dough. This will gives you the crunchiness on your bread.

Sit the dough in a warm place such as your oven. My trick is to turn on your oven for 200F once it's warm turn it off and let it do it's magic. (sometimes you need to turn on your oven for 2 to 3 times because the oven might get cool.) And once the dough has double in size, take it out the oven and brush it with egg yolk + water. Spread some vegetable oil on the baking sheet. Bake this for 20 mins at 350F. In order for the bread to cook evenly, turn the baking sheet around in 10mins.

If you're shaping them into roll sizes, then this quantity will yield to about 16-18 pieces. Since I only have 2 people in my house, this recipe is quite a lot. So I normally divided to three, my husband and I like fresh breads. So the rest of the dough I freeze them.
So, once you take the dough out from the bread machine or before the dough rises divide it and freeze it..

 Have Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment