Followers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Korean style tofu side dish


I just made this dish today for my lunch... I am trying to be a vegetarian for few hours...haahahaha I know that will never happen. I am a meat lover... :)
I don't cook tofu too often because my husband doesn't really eat them. I don't feel like eating these tofu all by myself...lol I'm gonna become obese. This is really delicious though... and I am going to eat this by myself...uughh! I just can't help it.

Here's my recipe:
1 box tofu (extra firm)

coating
3 tablespoon corn starch
1 tablespoon bread crumbs (i used my homemade bread crumbs)

sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1/2 tablespoon of hot red chili pepper paste
1 tablespoon of hot red chili pepper powder (add more if you like spicy)
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
3 tablespoon of water
2 spring onions (1 for garnish)
sesame seeds (garnish)

Fry the tofu until it's golden brown


Mix all the sauce ingredients on a bowl except for the sesame seeds
Add the spring onion at the end
On a pan cook the sauce mixture until it is boiled.

Let it sit for 15mins
mix all the ingredients


Let it shimmer

You can put your sauce like this or on a side

OR you can mix it all
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment